Saturday, August 30, 2008

Scolari said


Scolari is likely to be missing several players for the clash, with Michael Essien and Michael Ballack rejoining the injury list this week.

The German took a knock on the opening day of the season against Portsmouth, while the Wigan game was Essien's first since our friendly against Lokomotiv Moscow at the beginning of August.


'I lost one or two players more for this game, sure one. After the last game I said some players played because they wanted to help the Chelsea team. They are not only players, they are men,' said Scolari.

'I expect Drogba to be ready for the game against Manchester City because now we have 14 days for training, he isn't ready for the national team, so Monday maybe he plays in the reserve team for 45 minutes.'

Tottenham would think they would start the season better than they have. I know Juande [Ramos] and the players for Tottenham.

I know you ask me maybe about Cluj from Romania, I know more than you think. I know they have 11 Portuguese people playing there, and I follow them because when I was in the national team, I heard news about Cluj every week. I have all the information about them, and Bordeaux and Roma, who are big opponents,' he explained.


No comments: