Saturday, November 8, 2008

THE BEST I CAN



Mineiro has spoken publicly for the first time as a Chelsea player, and announced that he hopes to become a part of our history.

The 33-year-old Brazilian arrived on a free transfer at the end of September, and has been busy since then accumulating fitness after being without a club since leaving Hertha Berlin at the end of last season.

Now settling in west London, he hopes to make his mark on the Premier League after making his debut as a substitute against Sunderland last weekend.

'The Premier League now is one of the most sought after in the world, it is like playing in a national team, you have the best players in the world playing in this league and that's why everybody is interested, and I am really happy to have this opportunity and I want to show my capabilities,' he said.

'You have to be serious, dedicated and professional because you are competing with the best and that's all I want to do and be part of the history of Chelsea.'

'He is here to give his best and do a wonderful job for Chelsea and that's why I am here as well, to do my best work and show my capabilities so I am sure it is going to be fine.'


'Every coach has their own way of working and at the time maybe I wasn't right for the team he [the Hertha coach, Lucien Favre] was trying to build but in any case they did offer me an extension to my contract even if I wouldn't be playing every game, but this is all in the past now. I am really happy to be at Chelsea and what is gone is gone.'

No comments: